Data Privacy Notice
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Christ for All in Andhra Pradesh
Registered Charity No 326663
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
- Who are we?
The Committee of Christ for All in Andhra Pradesh is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how the personal data or supporters and beneficiaries is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process the personal data of our supporters?
The Committee of Christ for All in Andhra Pradesh complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use supporters’ personal data for the following purposes: –
- To inform supporters of the Charity’s activities, demonstrating how donations and other types of support are being used.
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications).
- To provide receipts of financial giving, where requested.
- 4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Your explicit consent as the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news and activities and process your gift aid donations.
- 5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other Trustees of Christ for All in Andhra Pradesh.
- 6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data for 5 years, unless an individual makes a specific request to remove his or her details from our databases. Specifically, in accordance with regulation, we retain gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 7 years after the tax year to which they relate.
- 7. Your rights and your personal data
- Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Christ for All in Andhra Pradesh holds about you;
- The right to request that Christ for All in Andhra Pradesh corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Christ for All in Andhra Pradesh to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
- Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the Chairperson of Christ for All in Andhra Pradesh, Nicola Nevin.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.